The Recording Academy has announced American rapper and businessman, Sean “Diddy” Combs as the 2020 Grammy Salute To Industry Icons honoree in recognition of his 25-year career and “continuous influence on the music industry and beyond.”
The acclaimed music producer who just celebrated his 50th birthday will get to celebrate his decades-long career at The Recording Academy’s Pre-Grammy Gala on January 25, a day before the annual awards ceremony.
According to a statement by Clive Davis, co-host of the Pre-GRAMMY Gala, said Combs “fully deserves this wonderful recognition. “It’s personally so gratifying that Sean “Puffy” Combs is this year’s icon,” he said.
“From his past innovative and creative contributions right from the very inception of the hip hop revolution, to his many memorable appearances at the Pre-Grammy Gala as both speaker and performer, it’s all come full circle. I couldn’t be happier for Sean as a dear friend and colleague” he said.
See More News
- Governor Sanwo-Olu Says that Lagos May Extend Lockdown.
- COVID-19: FG regrets begging Elon Musk for ventilators, deletes tweet
- Osun State Governor Did Not Contract COVID-19 Aide Says
- Dead bodies loaded into refrigerated trucks outside New York hospitals after 98 people die from Corona Virus in seven hours (video)
- Imo businessman dies in Abuja after returning from South Africa, State Govt seals his hotel, quarantines guests, family members
- Four new cases of Corona Virus confirmed in Ogun and Osun
- Burna Boy says “It is the government’s job to make lives better not mine”
- Grammy 2020: P Diddy to be honoured with ‘Industry Icon Awards’
- I Charge N20Million Per Show, Made N60Million This Week – Naira Marley
- Rapper Yung6ix speaks on the reason why fake pastors prevail in Nigeria
- Wizkid’s Joro Tops Google Most Searched Song In 2019
- Olamide, Zlatan and Fireboy Billed For Lagos Funfair